Wood Floor Maintenance & Care
General Guidelines for Wood Floor Maintenance & CareWood floor maintenance and cleaning products should only be applied two weeks after the new wood floor is completely finished. This allows the oil or varnish finish time to cure.Do not use water to clean wood floors; always use the recommended cleaner to ensure your floor gets proper wood floor specific maintenance.
- Never use vinyl or tile floor care products on wooden floors - they can make the floor slippery and appear dull.
- Place doormats and throw rugs at doorways/entrances and exits to help prevent the grit and dirt being carried in onto your wood flooring.
- Never wet-mop a wood floor; standing water can stain and damage the wood.
- Wipe up food and other spills immediately with a slightly damp towel.
- Place soft plastic or fabric faced glides under the legs of furniture to prevent scratching your wood floor.